Chris Kennelly was raised in Fargo, North Dakota. He was always interested in business and law as a young man. In sixth grade he wrote a school paper about how he wanted to be a certified public accountant and a lawyer. Chris’ grandfather was the president of the Lincoln Mutual Insurance Company in Fargo at the time he retired. Chris’ father was the controller at the Case tractor factory in Fargo.
Chris earned a degree in Accountancy from the University of North Dakota. He graduated cum laude. He subsequently passed the examination for the Certified Public Accountant designation. Chris then attended the Gonzaga University School of Law in Spokane, Washington. Chris earned a Certificate of Excellence for the highest grade in the study of contract law in his class.
Chris has focused his legal practice on business, real estate and estate planning. He has formed hundreds of entities on behalf of his clients. He assists clients in all aspects of their subsequent legal work including contract review and drafting and mergers and acquisitions. Chris also practices extensively in the areas of real estate and estate planning. Away from work, Chris enjoys spending time with his wife and children and attending their many activities.
In his outside business interests, Chris is the President and owner of the Frontier Title Group consisting of FM Title, Fargo, North Dakota, Richland Title, Wahpeton, North Dakota, Barnes Title, Valley City, North Dakota, and Stutsman Title, Jamestown, North Dakota.
Areas Of Practice
- Business Entity Formation – S-Corps, LLC’s
- Contract drafting and review
- Business purchase and Sale (mergers and acquisitions)
- Real estate transactions
- Estate Planning and Probate
- Guardianships and Conservatorships
- Bank Law – Loan Documentation, Foreclosures, Collections
- Tax – Offers in Compromise
- North Dakota, 1997
- Gonzaga University School of Law, Spokane, Washington
- Honors: Certificate of Excellence for the highest grade in the study of contract law
- University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 1994
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Accountancy
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Business and Corporations Section of the North Dakota State Bar, Chair
- Certified Public Accountant, (inactive status)
- AV Rated Martindale Hubbell
- Frontier Holdings Inc. consisting of FM Title, Barnes Title, Richland Title, and Stutsman Title, President and Owner