Guiding You In Estate Planning And Probate
The importance of estate planning cannot be understated. If you want your assets and property distributed according to your wishes, it’s essential to have an estate plan that effectively communicates exactly what you want.
Kennelly Business Law of Fargo, North Dakota, knows that every person’s estate is unique whether you are a business owner, a person with a substantial estate or a single person with a less complex estate. Our attorneys will listen carefully to you, so that they understand your goals and can tailor an estate plan suited to your needs. We will answer questions and advise you in creating an estate plan that gives you peace of mind.
Our Experienced Attorneys Can Assist In Many Ways
Our lawyers have more than 40 years of combined experience and will guide you through a number of estate planning possibilities. We can assist in the following areas:
- Wills: Our attorneys can help you create a simple will as well as one addressing a complex estate.
- Trusts: A trust will allow you to manage assets while you are still alive and avoid the probate process. We guide our clients in trust agreements, providing advice on tax planning, gifting and family business succession. The latter is essential for business owners who want to see their small or family business continue to benefit the next generation.
- Guardianships and conservatorships: It’s essential to look out for your loved ones to ensure their long-term care. Guardianships and conservatorships allow people to ensure proper care for minor children or incapacitated adults.
- Probate: Probate is the process by which a will is validated and put into effect. Our firm guides clients through the probate process, beginning with creating an inventory through the distribution of assets and the closing of the estate.
- Disputes: Serious disputes are a real threat when dealing with an estate plan or probate. We have the extensive litigation experience necessary to help you protect your best interests.
If you want to ensure that your beneficiaries inherit your assets, an estate plan is a necessity. Otherwise, the state will decide how to distribute them. Let us help ensure that everything you worked so hard for is distributed according to your wishes.
We Work With Business Owners And Individuals
Your loved ones and business successors depend on you to make the proper decisions, and this includes creating a solid estate plan. A will or trust can make your wishes clear on the distribution of assets. Kennelly Business Law of Fargo, North Dakota, will listen to you and put together an estate plan for you. We want to help you, so please call us at 701-526-4822 or contact us online.